What is WISH?
WISH is a European network and business community dedicated to the advancement and promotion of professional, talented women in Science & Healthcare. WISH focusses on women who work in the medical, biomedical, bio-technology, diagnostic, health informatics, healthcare, medical devices & pharmaceutical sectors, but we welcome every woman who works in science and is interested in sharing experiences, listening to inspirational speakers, developing her potential and networking actively.
The WISH business community was launched in 2013. Over 2500 women have participated in WISH events eversince. We have joined all these talented women in a dedicated LinkedIn group that allows for the exchange of sectoral news, information and the sharing of experiences all year long. Interested in joining our LinkedIn group? Become a member here.
What can you expect?
An informal, high energy and high impact event that empowers women in the science & healthcare to:
- Connect with 250 professional women in science & healthcare
- Grow their business network
- Share experiences, challenges and solutions
- Inspire others and be inspired by role models
- Build professional insights into industry trends
Programme of the 2020 event:
- 09:00 – 09:30 : Welcome
- 09:30 – 10:15 : Connect, Share & Learn Session by the CFBL Team
- 10:15 – 11:00 : Inspiring Leading Ladies Panel – part I
- 11:00 – 11:15 : Networking coffee/tea break
- 11:15 – 12:00 : Inspiring Leading Ladies Panel – part II
- 12:00 – 12:30 : Networking Apéro
- 12:30 – 13:30 : Networking Lunch with the Leading Ladies
- 13:30 – 14:30 : Networking Dessert
- 15:30 : End of the Event
Leading Ladies Panel
Every WISH event we invite a diverse group of Leading Ladies to take the stage. Whether they are accomplished professional women or have just started their career in science & healthcare, each Leading Lady is extraordinary and inspires WISH women with her personal story. We consider each Leading Lady as a role model, but also as a real model that is relatable, approachable, and not afraid to share the good and the bad she has encountered in her professional life so far. By allowing WISH women to ask their questions to the Leading Ladies, we stimulate an interactive discussion that really digs into what’s on the WISH women’s minds.
During past events, we had the pleasure of welcoming these Leading Ladies on stage:
- Brigitte Velkeniers: Head of Endocrinology & Internal Medicine @ University Hospital Brussels & Vice-Dean of the Faculty of Medice and Farmaceutics @ VUB
- Anne Nijs: General Manager @ Roche Greece
- Nathalie Roche: Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon @ University Hospital Ghent
- Bhararti Shivalkar: Country Medical Director BeLux @ Pfizer
- Julie Lescut: Head of IT New Medicines Transformation Delivery @ UCB
- Yousra Ajouaou: PhD Student Immunobiology @ ULB
- Dr. Petra De Sutter: Head Dept. Reproductive Medicine @ University Hospital Ghent
- Olivia Naetens: Country Director Belgium @ MEDTRONIC
- Liesbeth Moortgat: IBD nurse @ AZ Delta & Winner of the Nurse of the Year Award 2017
- Maggie De Block: Belgian Federal Minister of Social Affairs & Public Health
As we recognize the importance of networking from the start on, we invite 20 female students from KUL, VUB & Ghent University to participate in the WISE event for free. Giving them a head start at professional networking within their field of study.
WISH is looking for…
Companies with a ♥ for female talent!