What is WISE?
Women in ICT Sharing Experiences (WISE) is the n°1 business community and network dedicated to professional women in ICT. WISE aims to facilitate networking, share professional knowledge and stimulate personal development in a business specific context through highly participative events.
The WISE business community brings together women of different backgrounds, nationalities, companies and levels of seniority and experience to celebrate their 'Feminine Digital Drive'. WISE stimulates a balanced way of networking which entails a transparent and approachable way of sharing experiences (giving) as well as focussing on business development and other professional targets (taking).
Since 2012, over 3000 women have participated in WISE events. We have joined all these talented women in a dedicated LinkedIn group that allows for the exchange of sectoral news, information and the sharing of experiences all year long. Interested in joining our LinkedIn group? Become a member here.
What can you expect?
A high impact and high energy informal gathering and business networking event that empowers women in the industry to:
- Grow their business network
- Connect with 300 professional women in ICT
- Share experiences, challenges and solution
- Inspire others and be inspired by role models
- Build insights into industry trends
Programme of the 2020 event: "Inclusion for Digital Transformation"
- 09:00 – 09:30 : Welcome
- 09:30 – 10:15 : Empowering workshop by the CFBL Team
- 10:15 – 10:30 : Networking Coffee/tea break
- 10:30 – 11:30 : Inspiring Leading Ladies Panel
- 11:30 – 12:00 : Networking Apéro
- 12:00 – 13:00 : Networking Lunch with the Leading Ladies
- 13:00 – 13:30 : Dessert Buffet
- 13:30 – 15:00 : Panel Discussion How to Engage Men to Inspire Inclusion in ICT
- 15:00 – 16:00 : Closing Cocktails
Leading Ladies Panel
Every WISE event we like to put extraordinary WISE women in the spotlight. We ask women of different ages, backgrounds and experiences to get on stage. We invite them to talk about their journey in ICT as well as to join us for the Leading Ladies Panel in which they answer questions from the audience. Leading ladies are in their own way role models to learn from and look up to, but also real models who are relatable and approachable and who are not afraid to share the good and the bad that they have encountered on their journey in ICT. They aspire to inspire and empower other WISE women.
NEW IN 2020: "How to Engage Men to Inspire Inclusion in ICT" DEBATE
Inclusive organisations and inclusive leaders are urgently needed to meet the challenges of tomorrow. To build sustainable, networked organisations and deal effectively with society's growing diversity. Creating an inclusive work environment that invites true diversity of thought demands not only an economic, but also a personal transformation.
For this debate we invite men to testify on their engagement towards inclusion.
During past events, we had the pleasure of welcoming these Leading Ladies on stage:
2019: WISE women, keep your feminine digital drive
- Katrien De Graeve: Azure Internet of Things Technology Specialist for Microsoft
- Irene Veldstra: Regional Vice President Benelux for Getronics
- Helena Van Roy: Head Department Development at FOD Financiën
- Céline Pfister: Head of ICT Payments and Cards at KBC
- Sanne Vermeiren: Functional Software Engineer at Cegeka & Young ICT Lady of the Year 2019
2018: Digital Transformation: WISE women looking ahead
- Caroline Van Rompuy: CIO @ AGFA-Gevaert Group
- Sonja Noben: CIO & ExCo Member @ BNP Paribas Fortis
- Birgitta Brys: Chief Customer Service Officer @ Worldline
- Laura Monten: Business Process Engineer @ Colruyt Group – Finalist Young ICT Woman of the Year 2017
- Alexander De Croo: Minister of Minister of Development Cooperation, Digital Agenda, Telecom and Postal Services
For every event, WISE invites female students to participate for free. This way they can get a taste of what working in ICT is like, build out their network and get a head start in their career in the ICT sector.
WISE is looking for...
Companies with a ❤️ for female talent!